Psychiatric Evaluation & Treatment (short-term)
Call (509) 475-4651 to learn about bed availability for female & female identifying
You are not alone. Millions of families experience the distress of a mental health crisis every year. We understand that in the midst of a crisis, it can feel quite scary. Whether your teen is struggling with suicidal or homicidal thoughts, major depression, psychosis, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or another acute mental health condition, we are here to support you with short-term crisis stabilization services and medication evaluation.
Our dedicated Evaluation & Treatment bed in Spokane, Washington provides:
- 24/7 crisis stabilization services that provide critical life skills, thorough programs that focuses on healing & addressing mental health challenges
- On-site nursing, as well as acess to 24/7 nursing and medication management through our psychiatric nurse practitioners
- An experienced treatment team of professionals specializing in psychiatric training and suicide prevention
- A warm, safe, and secure yet structured environment where clients and families are supported
- An experienced treatment team of professiAn individually tailored program that focuses on emotional regulation and distress tolerance skills
- Resources to connect them with services in the community to continue on their path of recovery
What to expect…
Psychiatric Evaluation & Treatment at Daybreak includes a custom mix of services to meet you and your child where you are at in your recovery process. Our personalized programs are designed to show teens ages 13-17 how to manage and understand medications, build self confidence and life skills, and get connected to important resources in the community.
A mental health therapist will work one-on-one with your teen to help them learn how to manage their feelings and conflicts within their environments. We spend time with your teen identifying triggers and coping strategies, and helping refer them to other service providers they may need in the community.
Group sessions create an accepting, supportive environment in which your teen will learn effective coping strategies and practice important skills including emotional regulation, interpersonal effectiveness and distress tolerance. Your teen will also learn about mental illnesses and how they can be affected by them.
Family participation in therapy has proven to dramatically increase stabilization. We help families discover how to best support their teen during a crisis and how to keep the home environment safe.
Your teen will meet regularly with our psychiatric provider for evaluation and to discuss medications. Medication evaluation is an important part of crisis stabilization, in addition to individual, group and family therapy.
E&T Admissions & Locations
For young people who pose an imminent risk of harm to themselves or others, please call your local County Crisis Line. In Clark County, that number is 1-800-626-8137. In Spokane County, that number is 1-509-838-4428. Otherwise, contact Daybreak’s E&T staff at the location nearest you:
Daybreak is dedicated to breaking down barriers to treatment for all youth. Our services are covered by most insurance carriers, including Washington State Medicaid. Evaluation and Treatment is managed by Daybreak’s Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and the Mental Health Clinical Director.
Daybreak provides translation services free of charge. Servicio de interpretación disponible sin costo.